Installed 10 for free from licensed 8, asks for activation and a key, but there is no key. What to do?
Hello. Natalia! The situation, unfortunately, is quite common. Natalya, please specify exactly how you carried out the installation Windows 10:
- Have you used the free upgrade and updated your Windows 8 to Windows 10?
- Or did you download the iso image and install it manually?
- During installation / update, did you require an activation key?
Now, you should check if the operating system is activated, for this:
- Go to the 'Settings' section;
- Select the 'Update and Security' tab and open the 'Activation' subsection;
- The status should be 'Activation Windows completed'.
If you have specified this way, then you will now need to perform a 'clean install' of the operating system. This is done as follows:
- Follow the link and download the iso image of the operating system in the appropriate section;
- Use the method that is most convenient for you to create a bootable image, following the instructions on our website;
- During installation, when a notification appears that you need to enter an activation key, click on the 'Skip' button;
- Wait until the installation is completed and the operating system is activated for your computer, taking into account the current configuration.
Keep in mind that automatic activation requires an Internet connection, and the activation process can take a long time, sometimes it only happens after a day.
Your question was answered:
Andrey PonomarevProfessional assistance in setting up, administering, reinstalling any programs and operating systems of the family Windows.
7 games about maniacs you need to play very carefully
7 best car simulators in which the player is invited to try their hand at being a truck driver
5 third-party clients for Telegram with advanced functionality
5 games for fans of musical adventures in which the gameplay depends on the content of the soundtracks being played
5 exciting games in which the hero has to survive in a prison or in a zone
All questions and answers of visitors