Even in a smartphone with a large memory capacity, sooner or later there may not be enough space for the next game or important application. But you can use simple techniques to clean your phone of unnecessary information.
First, check the apps you have installed before. Surely among them there are several unnecessary or rarely used, which you do not mind getting rid of. You can do it like this:
- Go to 'Settings'.
- Find the 'Applications' section.
- Select unnecessary programs and click 'Uninstall'.
To know exactly how many modules you have to get rid of, decide in advance how much free space in the gadget's memory you need.
A large amount of memory can be occupied by unnecessary files, which include duplicate photos, watched videos, old music and read books. Filter all data to free up space. Also, do not forget to delete the photos uploaded from instant messengers. This cleaning is easier to do using a computer:
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Open the folder of the same name of the desired messenger through the explorer.
- Delete its contents.
You need to check the gadget for irrelevant data at least once a month, especially if you actively use instant messengers, exchanging photos and videos with friends.
To clean up downloads, use the built-in file manager. The appearance and name of this program depends on the OS installed on the gadget. Find a file manager ('File Explorer', 'Phone Manager', etc.) and do the following:
- Open the program and find the 'Downloads' section in it.
- Click in turn on each selected file so that a checkmark appears next to it.
- In the additional menu that appears at the bottom (or top) of the screen, select 'Delete'.
- Confirm the action in the window that opens.
Also, the downloaded data can be eliminated with the help of multifunctional applications designed to clean up the order in the gadget. It can be 'Total Commander', 'CCleaner' or any other software assistant
Get rid of messages
Even if you only correspond through instant messengers, you probably have old SMS or even MMS on your phone. They also take away part of the device's memory, so it's better to delete them:
- Go to 'Messages'.
- Click on unnecessary dialogs so that a checkmark appears next to each of them.
- From the pop-up menu (bottom or top of the screen) select 'Delete'.
Messages can be accumulated especially a lot if your smartphone regularly receives messages from stores and a mobile operator. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically clean the phone from old letters and avoid the appearance of new notifications.
In the process of use, all programs installed on the smartphone generate information (cache), which speeds up their work. Over time, the need for the cache disappears, but it still remains. To free up space on your device, follow these steps:
- Open 'Settings'.
- Go to the 'Smartphone' or 'Device' section and select 'Phone storage'.
- Here you will find the 'Cache' menu and the 'Clear cache' function, which you need to select.
- Confirm the selected action by clicking on the 'Delete unnecessary files' button (the name may change depending on the OS version installed on the phone).
It will take some time to delete the data. When the process is complete, the window will close automatically.
Move the necessary but heavy files to the cloud storage
If after deleting the accumulated data on your phone there is still not enough space for new downloads, transfer all valuable files to the cloud storage. You can do it like this:
- Find and launch the Google Drive app.
- Click on the plus icon located in the lower right corner of the home screen.
- In the menu that appears, select 'Folder' and 'Load', and then move to disk all the data that you want to save.
In addition to 'Google Drive', you can use 'Yandex.Disk' or 'MEGA' service as a cloud storage.