Hello. Entering Safe Mode turns off the laptop. It happens immediately at the entrance, it happens in the process of solving a certain problem (loading, checking). What do you advise?
Hello Sergey! Judging by the situation described, the laptop goes into reboot. There are many reasons for this, but you, first of all, should pay attention to the possible overheating of laptop components. Clarify the following points:
- For what purpose do you need to enter Safe Mode?
- Does the system boot on normal startup or does it automatically reboot?
- Did you get any errors just before this problem occurred?
- What have you already done?
Based on this, you will need to do the following (IMPORTANT! If you manage to start the system):
- Disable automatic reboot. This is necessary so that in the event of an error, the system does not go into reboot, but issues a BSOD (blue screen). This will be required to determine an accurate diagnosis based on the information received on the error. To disable the restart, you must:
- Right-click on the 'My Computer' icon and select 'Properties';
- In the 'System Properties' window that opens, go to the 'Advanced' tab;
- In the 'System Failure' block, uncheck the 'Perform automatic reboot' line. Leave the rest of the parameters unchanged.
Please note that error and crash logs are automatically written to the log – this is the line 'Small dump folder', which indicates the path to save the log. Copy this file, it will have the extension '.dmp' and send it to us.
- Review the system error report. For this:
- Press the key combination 'WIN + R' and enter the command 'eventvwr.msc';
- The 'Event Viewer' window will open, in which you need to open the 'System' branch;
- After that, on the right you will see system events, including errors;
- Return back to the main tree and right-click on the 'System' line;
- Select 'Save log file as', save it and send it to us as well.
If you still cannot log in to the system in order to do all of the above steps, then there are three options left:
- Try to boot from any LiveCD convenient for you and restore the system, as well as check it for viruses;
- Use the installation image Windows to restore the system (rollback to an earlier state) or as a last resort reinstall the operating system;
- Dust off your laptop. If you have sufficient knowledge yourself, if not, then contact the service center.
Your question was answered:
Andrey PonomarevProfessional assistance in setting up, administering, reinstalling any programs and operating systems of the family Windows.
7 games about maniacs you need to play very carefully
7 best car simulators in which the player is invited to try their hand at being a truck driver
5 third-party clients for Telegram with advanced functionality
5 games for fans of musical adventures in which the gameplay depends on the content of the soundtracks being played
5 exciting games in which the hero has to survive in a prison or in a zone
All questions and answers of visitors