Video editor is becoming one of the most essential programs on a multimedia computer, especially recently, when you can shoot video on every phone, many have cameras, private video that needs to be processed and saved.
In this article, I would like to focus on free video editors for the latest OS Windows: 7, 8.
So, let's begin.
1. Windows Live Movie Maker (video editor in Russian for Windows 7, 8, 10)
Download from the official site: https: //support.microsoft.com/ru-ru/help/14220/windows-movie-maker-download
This is a free application from Microsoft, which will allow you to create almost your own movies, video clips, you can overlay various audio tracks, insert spectacular transitions, etc.
Features of the program Windows Live Movie Maker:
- Lots of formats to edit and modify. For example, the most popular: WMV, ASF, MOV, AVI, 3GPP, MP4, MOV, M4V, MPEG, VOB, AVI, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, ASF, WMA, MP3, AVCHD, etc.
- Full editing of audio and video tracks.
- Inserting text, effective transitions.
- Import of pictures and photos.
- Preview function of the resulting video.
- Ability to work with HD video: 720 and 1080!
- The ability to publish your videos on the Internet!
- Russian language support.
To install, you need to download a small 'installer' file and run it. Next, a window like this will appear:
On average, on a modern computer with a good Internet connection speed, installation takes from 5-10 minutes.
The main window of the program is not furnished with a mountain of unnecessary most functions (as in some other editors). First add your videos or photos to the project.
Then you can add transitions between videos. By the way, the program shows in real time how this or that transition will look. It's very convenient to tell you.
Overall, Movie Maker leaves a very positive experience – easy, fun and fast to work with. Yes, of course, you shouldn't expect supernatural from this program, but it will cope with most of the most common tasks!
2. Avidemux (fast video processing and converting)
Download from the software portal: http: //www.softportal.com/software-14727-avidemux.html
Free software for editing and processing video files. Using it, you can also encode from one format to another. Supports the following popular formats: AVI, MPEG, MP4 / MOV, OGM, ASF / WMV, MKV and FLV.
What is especially pleasing: all the most important codecs are already included in the program and you do not need to search for them: x264, Xvid, LAME, TwoLAME, Aften (I recommend installing an additional set of k-light codecs on the system).
The program also contains good filters for images and sound, which will remove minor 'noise'. I also liked the presence of ready-made settings for video for popular formats.
Of the minuses, I would emphasize the absence of the Russian language in the program. The program is suitable for all beginners (or those who do not need hundreds of thousands of options) video lovers.
3. JahShaka (open source editor)
Download from website: http: //www.jahshaka.com/download/
Nice and free open source video editor. It has good video editing capabilities, the ability to add effects and transitions.
- Support for all popular Windows, including 7, 8.
- Fast insertion and editing of effects;
- View effects in real time;
- Work with many popular video formats;
- Built-in gpu modulator.
- The ability to privately transfer files over the Internet, etc.
- There is no Russian language (at least I didn't find it);
4. VideoPad Video Editor
Download from the software portal: http: //www.softportal.com/get-9615-videopad-video-editor.html
A small-sized video editor with ample opportunities. Allows you to work with formats such as: avi, wmv, 3gp, wmv, divx, gif, jpg, jif, jiff, jpeg, exif, png, tif, bmp.
You can capture video from a web-camera built into a laptop, or from a connected camera, VCR (convert video from a cassette into digital form).
- There is no Russian language in the basic configuration (there are Russifiers on the network, you can install it additionally);
- For some users, the functions of the program may not be enough.
5. Free Video Dub (to remove unwanted sections of the video)
Program website: http: //www.dvdvideosoft.com/ru/products/dvd/Free-Video-Dub.htm#.UwoZgJtoGKk
This program will come in handy when you cut out unnecessary fragments from the video, moreover, without even re-encoding the video (and this saves a lot of time and reduces the load on your PC). For example, it can be useful for quick clipping of ads after capturing video from the tuner.
For more information on how to trim unwanted video footage in Virtual Dub, see here. Working with this program is practically the same as the Virtual Dub.
This video editing software supports the following video formats: avi, mpg, mp4, mkv, flv, 3gp, webm, wmv.
- Support for all modern OS Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8;
- There is a Russian language;
- Fast work, no video re-conversion;
- Convenient minimalist design;
- The small size of the program allows you to carry it even on a USB flash drive!
- Not identified;