The new tablet always pleases its owner with fast work, but this does not last forever, and over time the gadget starts to slow down. However, there is no need to rush to the master. You can fix some problems yourself if you know how.
Reboot your tablet
The reboot process will close unnecessary applications, clear RAM and fix minor glitches, making the device run much faster. You need to reboot the gadget like this:
- press the lock button and hold it for a few seconds;
- in the menu that appears, select the 'restart' button.
Use the reboot as a preventive measure 1-2 times a week.
Free up memory
Lack of memory is one of the main reasons for poor device performance. You can fix the problem in the following ways:
- clearing the cache. All applications store a certain amount of data required for fast work. If they are not removed regularly, the gadget starts to lose speed. To clear the cache, use the built-in program or application downloaded from the Play Market;
- removal of excess. If your tablet contains unnecessary programs, data, and video and audio files, delete them or transfer them to your computer.
The more memory you free up, the faster your tablet will run.
Check device for viruses
The appearance of a virus can also cause the tablet to malfunction. To verify that the virus did attack and to fix the problem:
- download antivirus from the Play Market;
- open the installed program and run a full scan of the gadget;
- if a virus is found, the program will remove or quarantine it.
It is best to download antivirus immediately after purchasing a tablet, because it often prevents problems from occurring.
Update the system to the latest version
Updating your system will fix bugs and improve your device's protection against malicious software. To update your tablet's operating system, follow these instructions:
- make a backup;
- go to settings and open the section 'about device';
- find and select 'system update' or 'version Android';
- a check for the availability of a new version will start;
- if there is no new version, the screen will display the message 'the system is using the latest version';
- when an available update is found, you will be prompted to install it.
After confirming the installation, be sure to connect the gadget to the charger, as the download may take a long time.
Cancel autoplay and auto-download updates
At the time of the system startup, many programs start automatically, which greatly slows down the gadget. To undo this action, do the following:
- go to settings and find the 'Applications' section;
- there select the required program and click 'stop';
Another problem is the automatic updating of applications, which increases their volume. And as we have already found out, the less free memory remains on the device, the more it slows down and freezes. To turn off automatic updates, follow these instructions:
- open the Play Market;
- go to settings and uncheck the 'automatic update' box.
If you need to update any program, do it manually through the Play Market.
Disable live wallpaper or animation
Live wallpapers and animations are not useful, but they slow down the operation of the gadget, so they can also be turned off:
- go to the list of background applications;
- stop the ones you don't need;
- be sure to restart your gadget.
To get your tablet in optimal condition, try all of the above methods. If none of them helps, you will have to use the help of a specialist or reset the device to factory settings. But before that, do not forget to copy all important data, since when the device is rolled back to the factory state, it will be deleted.