Hello, we have several workstations in our company and now we are planning an upgrade, replacing the HDD with an SSD. Tell me what pitfalls there may be, and how to organize the transition process, step by step is desirable.
Hello Ruslan! As such, there are no 'pitfalls' in the transition from HDD to SSD, currently all this is done semi-automatically using specialized software, and therefore there should be no problems. There are a lot of options with the choice of software. If we talk about the experience of use, then the program 'Macrium Reflect' has shown itself well in work – it is available for download on the official website for free use within 30 days, but in English. Alternatively 'Paragon Migrate'. Before starting the steps to transfer the system, it is recommended to check for updates, especially pay attention to the main components. Surely you know, but it is worth mentioning that one system partition of the disk is transferred (at the discretion), so everything that does not need to be transferred and remove all the garbage so as not to waste the drive's memory. So, now directly about step-by-step actions. To implement your plan, you need to do the following: (using the example of the above program)
- After starting the downloaded file, the 'Macrium Reflect Download Agent' window will appear, select 'Choose Edition' – 'Home' and click 'Download';
- After downloading the necessary components, the installation of the program will start;
- Before starting work, for safety reasons, you can create an emergency disk:
- Click on the first 'Rescue Media' icon and click on the 'Next' button; A list of drivers will open, here also further;
- The next window will select the confirmation of the architecture and the save location – leave everything as default and click 'Next';
- Finally, select the rescue media and click 'Finish'.
- Pay attention to the 'Create a backup' tab and click on the 'Clone this disk' button;
- In the window that appears, tick off all the partitions that you want to transfer and in the 'Destinations' block click 'Select a disk to clone to' and select your SSD;
- Refuse to create a graph;
- In the final step, information about the actions being carried out will be displayed, click 'Finish' – 'OK' and wait for the 'Clone completed' window to appear.
At this point, the process of transferring data (system) from HDD to SSD can be considered complete. All that remains is to manually transfer all the necessary files, respectively, if required.
Your question was answered:
Andrey PonomarevProfessional assistance in setting up, administering, reinstalling any programs and operating systems of the family Windows.
7 games about maniacs you need to play very carefully
7 best car simulators in which the player is invited to try their hand at being a truck driver
5 third-party clients for Telegram with advanced functionality
5 games for fans of musical adventures in which the gameplay depends on the content of the soundtracks being played
5 exciting games in which the hero has to survive in a prison or a zone
All questions and answers of visitors