I think that many when working at a computer or laptop faced with a harmless and simple question: 'how to find out certain characteristics of a computer …'.
And I must tell you that this question arises quite often, usually in the following cases:
- – when searching and updating drivers (https://pcpro100.info/obnovleniya-drayverov/);
- – if necessary, find out the temperature of the hard disk or processor;
- – in case of PC crashes and freezes;
- – if necessary, provide the basic parameters of PC components (when selling, for example, or show to the interlocutor);
- – when installing a program, etc.
By the way, sometimes you need not only to know the characteristics of the PC, but also to correctly determine the model, version, etc. I am sure that no one keeps such parameters in memory (and the documents for the PC hardly list those parameters that can be found directly in the OS itself Windows 7, 8 or using special utilities).
And so, let's get started …
How to find out the characteristics of your computer in the OS Windows 7, 8
In general, even without using specials. utilities a lot of information about the computer can be obtained directly in Windows. Consider several ways below …
Method # 1 – Using the System Information Utility
The method works in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
1) Open the 'Run' tab (in Windows 7 in the 'Start' menu) and enter the command 'msinfo32' (without quotes), press Enter.
2) Next, run the utility utility, in which you can find out all the main characteristics of the PC: OS version Windows, processor, laptop (PC) model, etc.
By the way, you can also run this utility from the Start menu: All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information.
Method number 2 – through the control panel (system properties)
1) Go to the control panel Windows and go to the 'System and Security' section, then open the 'System' tab.
2) A window should open in which you can view basic information about the PC: what OS is installed, what processor, how much RAM, computer name, etc.
To open this tab, you can use another method: just right-click on the 'My Computer' icon and select properties from the drop-down menu.
Method number 3 – through the device manager
1) Go to: Control Panel / System and Security / Device Manager (see screenshot below).
2) In the device manager, you can see not only all the PC components, but also problems with drivers: opposite those devices where everything is not in order, a yellow or red exclamation mark will light up.
Method # 4 – DirectX Diagnostic Tools
This option is more geared towards the audio and video features of the computer.
1) Open the 'Run' tab and enter the command 'dxdiag.exe' (in Windows 7 in the Start menu). Then press Enter.
2) In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, you can get acquainted with the main parameters of the video card, processor model, the amount of paging file, OS version Windows, and other parameters.
Utilities for viewing computer specifications
In general, there are a lot of such utilities: both paid and free. In this small review, I have cited those with which it is most convenient to work (in my opinion, they are the best in their segment). In my articles I repeatedly refer to some of (and I will still refer) …
Official website: http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download (by the way, there are several versions of programs to choose from)
One of the best utilities available today! First, it's free; secondly, it supports a huge amount of equipment (netbooks, laptops, computers of various brands and modifications); thirdly, in Russian.
And lastly, in it you can find out all the basic information about the characteristics of a computer: information about the processor, OS, RAM, sound devices, processor and HDD temperatures, etc.
By the way, there are several versions of programs on the manufacturer's website: including a portable one (which does not need to be installed).
Yes, Speccy works in all popular versions Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8 (32 and 64 bits).
Official website: http://www.lavalys.com/support/downloads/
One of the most famous once programs of its kind. True, now its popularity has subsided somewhat, and yet …
In this utility, you can not only find out the characteristics of your computer, but also a bunch of necessary and unnecessary information. Particularly pleasing, full support for the Russian language, in many programs you will not see this often. Some of the most useful features of the program (there is no point in listing them all):
1) Ability to view the temperature of the processor. By the way, there has already been a separate article about this: https://pcpro100.info/chem-pomerit-temperaturu-protsessora-diska/
2) Editing auto-loaded programs. Very often the computer starts to slow down due to the fact that a lot of utilities are written into startup, which most of them simply do not need in everyday work on a PC! There was a separate post about how to speed up Windows.
3) Section with all connected devices. Thanks to it, you can determine the model of the connected device, and then find the driver you need! By the way, the program sometimes even prompts a link where you can download and update the driver. It is very convenient, especially since the drivers are often to blame for the unstable operation of the PC.
Official website: http://www.hwinfo.com/
A small but very powerful utility. She can give no less information than Everest'a, only the absence of the Russian language is depressing.
By the way, if, for example, you look at the temperature sensors, then in addition to the current indicators, the program will show the maximum allowable for your equipment. If the current degrees are close to the maximum, there is reason to think …
The utility works very quickly, information is collected literally on the fly. There is support for different OS: XP, Vista, 7.
It is convenient, by the way, to update the drivers, the utility below publishes a link to the manufacturer's website, saving you time.
By the way, the screenshot on the left shows the summary information about the PC, which is displayed immediately after starting the utility.
4. PC Wizard
Official website: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html (link to the program page)
Powerful utility for viewing many parameters and characteristics of a PC. Here you can find both the configuration of programs and information about the hardware, and even test some devices: for example, the processor. By the way, it's worth noting that PC Wizard, if you don't need it, can quickly be minimized in the taskbar, occasionally blinking with notification icons.
There are also disadvantages … It takes a long time to load at the first start (something about a couple of minutes). Plus, sometimes the program slows down, showing the characteristics of the computer with a lag. Honestly, it gets boring to wait for 10-20 seconds after you click on any item from the statistics section. The rest is a normal utility. If you look at the characteristics rarely enough, then you can safely use it!
By the way, some information about the computer can be found in B IOS: for example, the processor model, hard disk model, laptop model, etc. parameters.
Laptop Acer ASPIRE. Computer information at B IOS.
I think it would be very helpful to link to an article on how to enter B IOS (different manufacturers have different login buttons!): Https://pcpro100.info/kak-voyti-v-bios-klavishi- vhoda /
By the way, what utilities do you use to view PC characteristics?
And that's all for me today. Good luck to all!