New items in the world of electronics appear constantly, so you can easily find a budget option or choose from the top models of the premium segment, depending on your budget.
So what are the criteria to consider when choosing the optimal smartphone and what devices should you pay attention to? This is what will be discussed.
How to choose the right smartphone
Don't try to order the most popular smartphone. Manufacturers showcase new items literally every month. The variety only complicates the choice. To figure out which gadget to buy, follow a few simple tips.
Brand is not always the best
Many people believe that if they pay for a brand, they pay for quality, but the scheme doesn't always work that way. A popular stereotype is that there are only two good manufacturers on the market. We all understand that this is a Korean and American brand. In fact, Chinese companies have made a major leap forward in the past 2-3 years. Therefore, consider all possible options.
Performance comes first
In 2019, almost all flagship smartphones received eight-core processors made using a 7nm process technology. They guarantee maximum performance, are suitable for gaming and work with resource-intensive applications in multitasking mode. If you need a gadget for calling and communicating on social networks and instant messengers, then a model with a four- or six-core chipset will suffice.
Consider the amount of memory
The speed of the device depends on the amount of RAM. Despite the fact that this year some manufacturers are representatives of the model with 10 GB of RAM, 4 GB is still enough for the devices to work correctly. Buy smartphones with 6 GB of RAM is for those who are fond of mobile gaming and plan to use applications for photo and video processing.
The internal storage capacity determines the amount of apps, photos, videos, games, and other data stored on your device. Basic configuration in 2019 – 64 GB. When choosing a model, consider whether it provides the possibility of expanding memory using MicroSD. In some devices, the memory card slot is hybrid, so the user has to choose between the second SIM and MicroSD.
Don't put too much emphasis on numbers
Buying a smartphone with a 40 megapixel camera is not always better than ordering a model with a 16 megapixel lens. For example, Samsung S10 + shoots better than the Xiaomi Mi 9T.
Buy a stock model
If you do not plan to change the gadget for the next 3-4 years, definitely focus on the flagships. Specifications iPhone X are still at the top, despite the 11th generation series.
Don't forget about materials
The usability and aesthetic appeal of the gadget is influenced by the material of the case.
- Matte plastic is an inexpensive and practical option. Scratches are virtually invisible on it, and fingerprints and marks do not remain.
- Glossy plastic is a spectacular material, but it has a significant drawback – a quick loss of its original appearance. Fingerprints, smudges and scratches are noticeable on such a case.
- Metal. As a rule, aluminum alloys or stainless steel are used. It is a reliable material that looks elegant and expensive. Painted metal can wear out over time and lose its attractive appearance.
- Glass. You can buy a smartphone in a tempered glass case or with increased strength. The main function is to protect the display from damage. Some models are covered with glass on both sides, which looks stylish and concise.
Take care of autonomy
Think about how much time you spend on your phone every day. If you use your device for both work and play, a high-capacity battery is essential. Again, don't pay attention to numbers. Better to look at reviews, tests and read reviews. Experts recommend focusing on the display diagonal. So, if it is less than 4 inches, then you should order a smartphone with a battery capacity of at least 1500 mAh. A battery of 2000 mAh or more should be in devices with 4-5-inch screens, and 3000 mAh and more should be in devices with displays from 5.5 inches.
The most popular new smartphones in 2019
- iPhone 11. This was the most anticipated gadget of 2019 and, as it turned out, for good reason. At its cost, the smartphone has all the key features of the series. The model has three undoubted advantages – high performance, an ultra-wide-angle lens and high-quality night time shooting with long exposure. The gadget has a high autonomy, the battery holds a day without recharging with intensive use.
- Google pixel 3. Buying a smartphone isn't easy, but it's worth the search. The price of the gadget in the middle segment is $ 600, and in terms of functionality it bypasses even flagships from iPhone or Samsung. The battery capacity of 2915 mAh with moderate use is enough for 2 days without charging. The gadget demonstrates stunning portrait photography, including the front camera.
It's already Google Pixel 4
- Huawei P30 Pro. You can buy a smartphone for $ 800-900. The device has three main cameras with high resolution – 40 Mp + 20 Mp + 8 Mp, a time-of-flight sensor that allows you to control the depth of pictures, and a capacious battery – 4200 mAh.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro. For a smartphone, the price is lower by an average of $ 700-800. Among the advantages of the C is a fingerprint scanner right on the screen and thin frames, three main cameras (40 Mp + 16 Mp + 8 Mp) and a QHD screen resolution with HDR10 support. With the active launch of games, social networks and listening to music, smartphones Huawei Mate 20 Pro can withstand up to 1.5 days without recharging.
- Oppo Reno. You can buy a smartphone for $ 650-700. On the back there are 2 cameras – 48 megapixels and 5 megapixels. Front camera resolution – 16 megapixels. The screen size is 6.4 inches. Responsible for performance is the Snapdragon 710 processor and 6 GB of RAM. The battery lasts up to 32 hours on a single charge.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. It costs $ 950-1000. The device has 3 horizontally placed main lenses. Camera resolution – 16 Mp + 12 Mp + 12 Mp. There are two front cameras. Smartphones are popular thanks to the powerful 4100 mAh battery, the ability to use the gadget as a wireless charging station, and 12 GB of RAM, allowing you to work with the most complex applications.
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro. The screen occupies 92% of the total area. Smartphones are up to $ 550. The screen based on AMOLED matrix is characterized by realistic color reproduction. The triple module of the main camera has a resolution of 48 Mp + 13 Mp + 8 Mp. There is a possibility of slow motion shooting with a frequency of 960 frames per second.
If you are planning to buy a smartphone from an online store, first try to see it in the showroom or in the store. It is important that the model suits you in terms of ergonomics, and the interface is simple and clear. As a rule, online stores conduct an attractive pricing policy for buyers. Therefore, buying online is more profitable in terms of price, but it must be done deliberately.