All browsers have the ability to save passwords, links and other data. You don't even need to remember the addresses of your favorite sites: just add them to your favorites.
If you decide to change the browser, then there is no need to transfer passwords and bookmarks manually – information can be imported in just a couple of clicks.
For Yandex Browser
During installation, Yandex Browser itself will offer to transfer data from the default browser.
If you need to import the information yourself, follow the instructions:
- In the upper right corner, click the Settings button (three horizontal lines).
- Then 'Synchronization' – 'Import data' (in the drop-down menu).
- In the window that opens, select the browser from which you want to transfer data.
- Mark what exactly you need to download (tabs, bookmarks, passwords).
- Click the Transfer button.
Importing passwords from Internet Explorer only works on Windows 8 and above.
Google Chrome and Yandex Browser are created on the same engine, so they are similar in functionality.
Data import is much the same:
- Click on the 'Settings & Controls' icon (four vertical dots).
- Select 'Bookmarks' – 'Import bookmarks and settings'.
- Select the browser where the data is saved.
- Click Import.
For Internet Explorer
Usually Internet Explorer is used to download other browsers. But if you decide to 'go back to the roots', follow these points:
- Click on the 'View Favorites, Channels and History' button (star symbol).
- In the Favorites tab, click on the arrow icon.
- Select 'Import and Export'.
- In the Import and Export Options window, click Import from Another Browser – Next.
- Select the browser you want to transfer data from and click 'Import'.
Install all updates and patches for Internet Explorer, as the set of functions differs in different versions of the browser.
If in earlier versions of Opera the process of importing data from another browser was difficult, you had to use third-party plugins and programs. Now this is not necessary:
- Click on the Opera logo in the upper left corner.
- Select 'Settings' from the list.
- In the window that opens, find the 'Default browser' section and click 'Import bookmarks and settings'.
- Select the browser from which you want to transfer information.
- Check the boxes for the data types and click 'Import'.
The transferred bookmarks are located in the Imported Bookmarks folder.
If you can't import all the data correctly, you can use plugins and other tools. For passwords, LastPass and Dashlane are fine. And for working with bookmarks – Pocket and Instapaper web services.